Friday, July 27, 2012

Past, present & future

Today is the beginning of the future.

How the world changes, at a drop of the hat, a flip of the coin. Instead of waiting for Dad to come out of surgery today, we explored palliative therapies that the oncologist may prescribe come Monday. Instead of focussing on the curative, we are now looking for palliatives.

The whole of today as I drove from one errand to the next, I could not help but recall when I was Daddy's little girl - following him around JB town, getting lunch, picking up his cigarettes from the wholesalers, stopping by church...

What I would give to go back there again... When our world was safe, sound and made sense. When the present was forever and the future so distant it didn't even cross our minds.

I dread asking on Monday, how much time. And in many ways, I really do not want to know. For what is the point of knowing, if only to have dread set in.

If we are set and determined to make the best of life, then truly would knowing how long the future is going to last, going it make any difference?

All I have is the present and that is all that matters.


No comments: