Sunday, June 27, 2010

Quickie Update

It has been a whirlwind of a trip and I am just finding the time and space to lodge some thoughts that have been flying through my head. It'll have to be short cos I wanna run downstairs (am at a bed and breakfast) and have a last smoke before turning in:

  • Sights of tenancity - all over Dublin, Galway and likely Cork city, restaurants are plastering their shop front with promotions that hopefully would fill tables and meet covers. 
  • Sights of rebellion - all over the street light shafts, you'll find some call for protest.
  • Sights of a time gone past - as the bus zipped past the countryside, a lone cottage stands in the middle of a field. Its owners either died of starvation in the potato famine or immigrated before they died. From the size of it - I'll wager that it was the former and not the later.
That's all that's coming to mind for now. Maybe tomorrow night I'll be able to draw out more!

No comments: