Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Trust and Leap

A year ago, I was looking towards going away with trepidation, anxiety and fear. Lots of it. Not only was it for the business that was to take place, but also the maggots in my head.

A year later, my step is light and my heart is afloat. The stakes are higher this year - every business exchange would be in my own name, for my own future - no one else can be held accountable or responsible. But it is all water under the what-ever. 

It has been a long long long journey to this day. But the end is not even anywhere near. I took my offer letter out last night in the midst of packing, and recalled how then today felt so far away.

If I have learnt anything - ANYTHING at all - in these past 2 years, it is that patience pays. Motivation helps. And a silent smile does so much more than a thousand pats on the back.

Something has changed within me
Something is not the same
I'm through with playing by the rules
Of someone else's game
Too late for second-guessing
Too late to go back to sleep
It's time to trust my instincts
Close my eyes: and leap! 

And we'll trust that whatever is in the lil green bag, would be enough to catch my fall.

No comments: