Monday, March 21, 2011

Messy Beds

I look forward to walking towards St James' Gate and watching your face light up as the Guinness sign looms as we turn round the corner to the left.

I look forward to you stopping in the mid-step as you realise the cobblestones that you're walking on in the Campanile dates over 400 years.

I look forward to you having your first taste of black pudding (My money's on you liking me and me having to learn how to make it!).

I look forward to hearing Bon Jovi play all our favourite songs, not more than 500 metres away from where we stand as dusk falls over the London skies.

I look forward to heading out to La Boqueira to grab the freshly baked bread and some meats for breakfast when you wake up.

I look forward to climbing the hills of Montserrat, with you right behind me panting for your dear life.

3 years ago, if you had asked me if any of these things featured in my near or even distant future, I would have told you a definite and resounding NO. Yet, here we are. 3 years on. Wondering where did the time go and planning for the times to come.

For that, you get the right to mess up each and every single bed that will cross our paths.

No comments: