Monday, May 23, 2011

Perhaps...

It's been so long since I have sat down and not written in angst. It is such a strange sensation now - but don't get me wrong, it is very welcomed here.

And so, it is about two weeks before I head off for my summer escapade. Went and got our plane tickets sorted out today. And yes - the generally response to that is a resounding FINALLY. I know - smack me on the head, go right on!

I am extremely nervy. So I am glad that I got my work act finally together, all the balls safely staying in the air, one after the other. Otherwise, lord only knows what I would be breaking right this moment and who would be suffering from my wrath.

Nonetheless, I am extremely nervous. Not so much for my camino - I have come to reconcile that it is not a race. I have 5 days to get from point A to point B each day. While I have been training to do 5 km per hour, I really don't have to. And I shouldn't. This is going to be one of life's fine example that it is not the end but the journey.

So what am I nervous about? I guess, it would be this "giant" leap forward. And however much I have tried to put safety nets (ala apartment with big Big BIG balcony and separate living spaces with a sofa bed thrown in for good measure), the inevitable truth is 11 days is a hell of a long time to really break me down.

My good friend (and ex-boyfriend) calls it progress. And he says it has to be done - just to prove to the rest of us that there is hope. I laugh when I recall this command of his - yes, it was a command for sure.

I can be a lot of things in this life time of mine. But a bringer of hope would be a first. And I guess we will only have to wait for what I would have to say when the return to the real world happens.

Perhaps. Just perhaps....

No comments: