Friday, October 28, 2011

New Beginnings

I move house tomorrow. And it will likely be my last time moving from one rental to another; the next move would be 2 years down the line, into my own pad.

The house is currently in a mess. I cannot remember how I managed moving homes so many time - the next stop would be my 7th place in a span of 9 1/2 years. And no matter how I keep throwing things out, I am still finding things that I have managed to hoard over the years.

As I take a moment, have a smoke and list down the things for the movers tomorrow, I am taking stock that this move was not scheduled for this year. And as the year unfolded, it became even more unthinkable to be able to afford a new rental. Yet, it is not only a new rental, but it is almost 3 times more than what I have paying now.

We have had happy times here, in this place in the clouds in the neighbourhood of OUG. To think that I was filled with trepidation moving from that side of the valley to this side, and now to the next place being almost a stone's throw away.

To top it all off, to have you ask for an access card and if the unit came with 2 car park bays to let you have the other ~ We have come a long way, babe!

But more importantly, I have come a long way.

So thank you this lil box in the sky. We made it through without any nights staring listlessly at the moon.

No comments: