Monday, June 25, 2012

Indulging in Greed

I'm indulging in my sense of greed tonight. I need to get it out of my system before it explodes in the worst possible manner. After all, we need to have acknowledgment before we can have acceptance.

Acceptance that this year you've been stolen right out from under my nose. That in less than 72 hours your birthday will dawn and this year, it would not be with me.

Logic tells me that it is just a birthday. Rationale creeps in with yes, life is short and you love to spread it around.  Memory reminds me that we had Valentine's on top of one of the world's tallest structures this year. YET I cannot help but be greedy.

And I wish with all my might that I am not that bun that comes with the set lunch. I wish that I can stop wanting a bottomless glass. And I try, and try and try. And then I stop and hold my breathe.

I know Thursday will come and go. I will have to at some point exhale. And I know that I will be fine.

Cos if I know you like I think I do - you'll find a way of making it up. In your own silent, silly and nondescript way.

And then I pray that when that day or moment comes, I will have wised up sufficiently to recognise it as it is. Cos this is what it takes to love someone like you.

No comments: