Monday, June 18, 2012

Three Lil Words



We're in the season of TV drama finales. From September to May the year after, we stay glued to our telly screen - same day of the week, week in and out, at the same time. Come hell or high-water: nothing stands in between our soaps and us.

I had written before - if only life and living was as easy as an episode of something: the high, the low, the mystery and the salvation all wrapped up in under 40 minutes. But life is not a schedule in a TV guide... nor does it last just 40 minutes.

One of my all-time favourite soaps is undeniably Grey's Anatomy. For 8 years now I have watched the dark and twisted sisters go through all sorts of drama. At some times of life, you could even say it is almost like watching the mirror into your soul. Yet, even with TV characters - they grow, they evolve. They break, they mend.

Perhaps I have been watching too much of Grey's at one go. Perhaps I forgot for a moment that it is just a show, and not real-life. Or maybe perhaps it was just time.

Words that should have been spoken long ago were finally expelled (and yes, it felt good!). Questions that should have been asked were finally asked.

Do I regret it? I may... tomorrow.. or the day after... I don't know. But that's not important. The important thing is that I said it. I will not go to my grave (or him to his) without never ever hearing what is truly important being said, even just once, out loud.

I have come such a long way. We have come such a long way. And you know what - there's so much more way to travel.

I bared my soul to the still of the night - and I came out of it alright. Maybe it is indeed a sign: Life has changed... Life has moved on - leave the past where it belongs.

No comments: