Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Moments Like These

My mum and aunt went shopping for Chinese New Year yesterday and I drove them.

As I watched them pick out clothes for my dad, selecting the brightest of reds and the funkiest of designs, happily laughing at each other's selection, I know at the back of their heads, the dark cloud hung: that this may be the last one for him.

"You have to make this the best," said my friend Mary as I sat chain-smoking on her balcony and drinking copious amounts of wine. "You will find yourself during the break to Singapore, moving between moments of joy, sadness, tiredness and frustrations. But you have to take it in and make it the best! Be in the NOW."

I did not realise how hard it is when someone so close to you is ill. Especially if you are constantly thinking "could this be the last?" Yet, living in the NOW is the most important thing you need to do.

I am so mentally tired, even my hair hurts!

But I know I need to push on. The time will come when I can rest. But not yet.

No comments: