Wednesday, May 19, 2010

In the dead of the night

There is something about suffering from insomnia. 

It allows you to scare the living daylights out of your counterparts, especially when they send emails after their hours and you're there to respond immediately - kinda make them wonder if they are in the right timezone.

It also allows you to think, except that when you're lost for clarity, it adds to the stress and grief ala "why is it not coming to me?!" Instead of focusing on what's at hand (and at stake!!), I instead allow my mind to wonder to the occasional passing of cars on the highway yonder ~ wondering who the occupants are, where are they going or coming from, and why in heaven's name are they out on the roads at this hour!

It's not raining tonight. But when it does, I can hear the howls of the wind, the rattling of the blinds and the rustle of the trees. And the sky turns a ambery red, making it look almost as if God has taken stock of the deeds of those asleep and we have incurred His wrath.

It is the 2nd week running now, that I have not had a proper night's rest. Once upon a time, this was a common place occurrence. But then, there was always work to fill my time. 

Why I do not consider the big assignment before as work, befuddles me. I really should. Perhaps then, these silent hours could be put to better use, instead of being wasted buying useless nonsense on a virtual farm that I would never become rich from.

I would kick my own arse if I were that flexible.

I know you would too!

No comments: