Thursday, February 10, 2011

Weary Momentum

I asked the Bear a very rude question yesterday after he shared how he has started seeing someone new. It was rude cos it went something like this: What does this new girl have that the last didn't?! Now if it works out, this would be the Bear's 3rd or 4th relationship since I meet him years ago. And of them all, one had him licking the bottom of the devil's cauldron, and the last had him almost buying a house together. 

I do admire the Bear though - for unrelentingly putting himself out there, all the time. And its a thought that sits heavy on my mind as I sit with my coffee and try to make sense of what's been in my head for a very long time. Cos in all honesty, this girl is tired and weary. And she's at a crossroad as to what she should and need to do...

On one hand, I am reluctant to do anything - after all, if it ain't completely broken - why fix it?! And on the other hand, we all know that it's cracked and cracking as we speak. Top it off with the irony of how Barcelona is a mere few months away - I cannot help but hold a cynical smile plastered on when I think about it.

At the end of the day, I guess I had always knew it would come down to this. It was only a matter of time. There - I've said it out loud. And thank God I am in a public place - puts some restraints on the tears falling down as the song plays on.

Good thing life doesn't come with a scalpel...
because if it did, when things started to hurt, 
we would just cut and cut and cut. 

At this juncture, I cannot help but also recall the words a long-lost friend said to me in the aisle of a supermarket recently - Barb, you've just sometimes gotta try.
The thing is what we take away with a scalpel
we can't ever get back. 

So perhaps... I should just not do anything (again?!) and just let the pain come and go?
So, like I said, good thing.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Whatever you decide barbsie...whatever you decide