Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Lost Highway

An old and dear friend messaged me on FB last night. And it was only then that I find out that he has been going through a lot of pain in the last few months.

Despite what people may have been thinking or saying - I have not been on a rampage of forgetting where I "came from" nor cutting ties with those who sat with me at the bottom of the devil's cauldron.

I suppose this is where "cultural" (for lack of a better word) differences comes into play. I have been associating and working with folks who have no qualms in coming on board and going "Have you got a minute?" And I forget that our culture is one where if we see the other going round like a headless chicken, we say to ourselves "Let's not bother them with our troubles."

I am disappointed in my own self. For all the walking I do, I am still like a horse with its blinders on. I should be more intuitive and know when a simple "Hi" may mean more, need more.

It now seems that I have been running on this lost highway. I suppose there is no time like the present to get myself back to the main roads.

No comments: