Thursday, June 18, 2009

Clean Stuff

I've just spent the better part of the morning, getting my affairs in order. And there'll be a whole lot of running around tomorrow to various government agencies to send in forms and such.

It's only 12 days, I know. But with the way of the world these days, one can never be too certain. As it is, Luke's already starting to have fears of lightening striking the plane and bringing it down (note to all parent readers: Air Crash Investigation - not suitable for kids under 18!) and starts tearing up each time he thinks of the trip.

Quite possibly it's cos for the last 4 years or so, I have been grounded. And people adapt quickly - young and old. Plus, back then, they were probably too young to know left from right and so it wasn't a big thingy to them.

Which is why dad and brother has a list of all my important information (right down to the landlord's contact details) and bff will have a sealed enveloped passed to her next week with strict instructions to only open if something happens and my 12 days ends much sooner.

I'm being paranoid, I know. I mean, the number of people who travel and move across geographical locations every minute is countless. But hey - better to be on the wrong side of wrong, then the right side of wrong I say.

It's not just the fact that I have people dependent on me that I have to go thru these paces. I have given much thought to why it is I read obituary pages (when I don't know of many geriatrics whose wake I would make a point to attend), and how I would feel if people I cared about and counted for suddenly disappeared without a word. And I know how I would not like the feeling(s) of any of the above. Which is why such measures are necessary.

I have come to think that it is only those who live as if there is a tomorrow who would leave the house when it is in a state of mess, and be okay walking around in not clean underwear. Me? Being alive today is already a blessing.

Counting on tomorrow would be pushing it a tad hard!

No comments: