Monday, June 22, 2009

State of Grace

I sat in church this morning in front of a child, having some kind of developmental challenge.

All thru service, she giggled and proceeded to laugh aloud to herself, yelling "Yeay!" as well over and over again. It was most distracting and even though I kinda realised after a while that she was mentally challenged, I still couldn't help but cast some accussing glances at her mother's way.

It has bothered me all thru the day, if what I did was right, and if there were some form of middle ground in places of worship, etc where these "disturbances" could be minimised. My initial thought of a special room did not grow beyond that - I have no right to ostracise God's child. And so I was back at square one.

Until someone highlighted to me, that if I were truly in a state of grace, deep in my communique with God, the distracting noise would have faded away on its own.

*Hmmmm* makes a whole lot of sense, which also makes me feel that wee bit 'tall'... shameful person that I am.

No comments: