Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Why Blog

Ben asked me the other day why it is that I blog. And ten days on, I have my answer.

Because at 15 minutes to midnight, there isn't a single soul I can count on to be able to pick up the phone and dial a number; when I have good news to share, when I have bad news to break, when I have worries to unburden or even when I have anger to vent.

And so that is why I blog. I would write it down in a book they used to call a diary if I could read my own handwriting, but seeing how even doctors comment that my writing is beyond all hope - we'll just leave it at typing.

Sure, casting all these out into cyberspace and leaving it at the liberty of a gazillion people reading, I am opening myself to risks of exposure. But hey you know what - I don't give a rat's ass. Cos if I can't put a name, a face and a relationship to you - it doesn't matter if you know my story.

As for those who I CAN put a name and a face to... if we have a relationship, if you are someone I can and do call my person... the hours between me putting my thoughts down here and you reading them would give me the respite I need until you come and hold my hand.

Blogging - don't knock it until you try it.

No comments: