Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Time - Not Ours

One of the blogs that I started following this year is that of Gwenn Mangine, an American missionary based in Haiti. Gwenn's reflection has not failed to touch a chord within my soul - it is my hope that one day, if I am blessed, I can shake the hand of this fine lady.

Following this blog is not the easiest thing to do though on a daily basis. Cos it deals with things that are beyond my - in fact, any of us - control. And it often deals with a subject that I am still trying to learn more about, come to terms with and accept as part and parcel of life (yes, I am delusional like that!).


Her latest post, about Jean Claude (R.I.P.) really brings home one point - that our time, on earth - is well and truly not ours. Just as I read somewhere the other day, my children are not mine - they are on loaned to me from above, so is our time and this thing we call life. For this man survived an earthquake that claimed hundreds and thousands of lives, only to lose his in a fire.

What can I do then today, on my borrowed time, that would make me proud of who I have become? 

No comments: