Saturday, January 1, 2011

Tennessee Lines


I didn't expect my first posting of the year to be one of this nature. A recounting of how I lost my first battle of the year with my demons.

When a call goes unanswered, a text unresponded to ... I go into this battle with my past.

I don't know why it's come back to haunt me. I truly don't. But if I don't get to the bottom of it, I know of only one path that it will lead to.

I feel stupid right now. Stupid and silly. And only that wee bit tall. And I grow smaller as the drums (literally) play back in my head.

Some folks are built for relationships. Some folks are not. Question: which folk do I belong to?

I need to cross my Tennessee line so that I can let go off my demons and start living without.

I'm so sorry I  doubted you (again!).

No comments: