Thursday, February 14, 2008

My Valentine

In my wildest of dreams, never would I have thought that a Liverpool song would ring in my head! never, Never, NEVER! But tonight it is ringing, and ringing loud and clear. For today is a day unlike any other.

When you walk through a storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark

I should be raging mad. I was. Raging mad, to the point of crying whilst sitting on the pavement. But being mad ain’t gonna change anything. And changes has to be done out of the necessity to survive.

At the end of the storm
There's a golden star
And the sweet silver song of a lark

I cannot elaborate what took place today that has brought me to hum a rival footy club song. A mistake has been made, and it is to be repaid a thousand times over. A family has been crushed, and it might never be the same again. And life as we know it, would change forever with the rising sun tomorrow.

Walk on... through the rain...
Walk through the wind
And your dreams be tossed and blown...

My friends have been cautioning me, that I have my limits. My hands are tied and I cannot do very much. Those who know me would know that it is THIS that pains me the most. It is THIS that is going to keep me awake tonight when I should be asleep. But there are lessons to be learnt from this episode. And mine would be to exercise patience – that a miracle is happening somewhere but yet to reach us.

Walk on... Walk on...
With hope in your heart...

They say true power shines thru in the face of adversity. And it is so true today, for in solidarity, the path of righteousness is seen. So even though my friends all told me that I should kick the person real good, I can't. Because forgiveness is not mine to bestow, though I have been severely affected. For I am a mere mortal being, and forgiveness can only be given from above and from within.

And because I realize that now, I can only be there and say…

You'll never walk alone…

In closing, I cannot imagine spending Valentine's Day in a better way. For tonight, love shone through so brightly, that despite all our adversities, we stood as a family. And THAT is the most important lesson of all.

No comments: