Thursday, April 16, 2009

Satelite Thoughts

I treated Mandy and Sam (separately) to a lunch of pasta with roast potatoes, and roasted pork belly with home-made barbeque sauce today. "What's the occassion?" asked Mandy as we sat down by the walkway of KLCC park. No occassion, actually. I thought it'd be nice for us to have a nice lunch that doesn't cost anything. Plus the side of belly has been in the freezer waiting to be cooked. Operative word: waiting.

The thing about old friends, friends who have been with you thru hell and saunder ~ they know just what you're not saying, but needing said out loud. And today's lunch was just that - what I did not want, but needed. A discussion of the many possibilities as to a week of silence.

I did not want to give Mandy the phone number to call. Not that my curiosity died. Nor have I reached my threshold either (but hey - I'm getting there!!!) It's simply me, being me - reaching a conclusion point in my head, and staying there.

If I beg and if I cry...
Would it change the sky tonight?
Will it give me sunlight?
Should i wait for you to call?
Is there any hope at all?
Are you drifting by?

So no, I will not consider any other possibilities. If I am wrong, then I am wrong. 

I try to reach for you, 
I can almost feel you

I'd much rather think wrongly, then to think right and be proven wrong in the end.

You're nearly here
And then you disappear

No comments: