Saturday, April 18, 2009

Small Person, Simple Pleasures

It's Luke's 6th birthday today. Time flies - 6 years has gone by and my lil boy is already a big boy. And I'm mighty grateful that my boy has not been raised to sweat the big stuff.

His birthday outfit was not branded, it was bought during the last sale at some department store. 

His birthday gift from me was a simple, plasticky pair of binoculars and it's not left his side since he opened it ~ no, he's not learnt how to use it to stare into the bathrooms of the next block to look at the ladies in the shower :o) 

His cake was a small nondescript chocolate cake, his gift from Grandaunt Cat.

His party was a mixture of home food cooked by grandma and grandpa as their gift to him.

He spent about half hour at the shopping mall arcade, running from one mechanical play-thing to another, going on rides, racing cars and shooting down monsters.

Yet, to him - it's his day, a great day! And there's still a dinner to look forward to of satay with Daddy and Auntie Natalie.

I may not be able to give my boy a lot of the finer things in life as yet, but I think I'm giving him the right values as it is.

That it's not the individual price of things, but the sum of love and sacrifice that went into it.

So yes, 6 years have gone by in a flash. But you know what ~ I think Luke (and Lydia) and I are doing alright, with no lack of love and small blessings in our lives!

No comments: