Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Absence

I have been tardy in keeping my blog updated. I know that and I apologise to those who check in every day for an update of sorts. It has just been slightly crazy these last few days, with my Irish colleagues in town. Happens twice a year and when it does, I run almost on empty towards the end.

This visit was not physically grueling. It was more of a mental marathon, especially as we had set aside time to discuss the way forward for Synthesis (yes, that is the name that w have chosen and which has been endorsed) to come alive. And as we await economic recovery, it was a numbers game, pitching at each and every level, hoping that each small victory in the process would solidify my rice bowl.


And yes, that has been accomplished. The wheels are turning that wee bit faster now as we count down to March where the 'i's will be dotted and the 't's crossed and the money comes in. At this point, I have to admit that I will never be able to be a humanitarian worker - the stress of not knowing when money will arrive in the bank will kill me ultimately!


I am glad though that I am now working for a set of individuals who believe strongly in the words of Charles Schwab ~ I have yet to find the man who did not do better work and put forth greater effort under a spirit of approval than under a spirit of criticism. As much grief that comes with each email, no effort goes unrecorded (which is more than I can say for the rest of the remaining days in the year!)


I wish I could be more heroic and report that my lack of time was spent providing some contribution to society. Alas, that time has yet to arrive. But hopefully, the throngs of students we've been meeting and interviewing the last few days would help me in some way, fulfill that longing, that need.


And to close, it sure is good to say that after 8 years, I have finally caved and treated myself to a new pair of spectacles. Not only is it good to have a fashion update of sorts, it is also good to be able to see clearly once again *lol*


Yes, small joys in life! Beats the big ones anytime of day!

No comments: