Wednesday, January 6, 2010

In and Out

The Bear rung me late last night, whining about how he couldn't feel his feet. One of his resolutions for the year is apparently to spend more time with me, his supposed best buddy.

The Bear has not been mentioned much here off-late simply cos he has been almost non-existent for the better part of the time. It got quite apparent just how far gone the carcinoma of this friendship has taken root when I opened my Christmas gift from him and found it to be a right smack in the face. It was a book that I had read and written a review for sometime last year which was also my 1st review published in our national daily. 


I have a bottle of bath salts sitting in my car that I am to drop off at his place on my way home today - something to ease his poor feet, since the bottle has been laying around my house without being touched.


And that, I shall take as my one and only effort for him for the year. If I am expected to do more, to keep the cancerous cells from spreading, he's gotta put in his two-bits as well. 


Making it a resolution is a start. But seriously, I am quite insulted. While friendship needs work, it really should get to the point you resolve to do it at the start of the year. Furthermore, as with everything else - we all know that 359 days from now, them resolutions are usually never kept.


So while it sound hurtful and hateful, Barbsie is taking it one ear in and the other year out. I can just as easily write it off as a resolution of mine to no longer be hurt or let down by the people I care (or should it be cared) about.

No comments: