Friday, January 29, 2010

Crashed

I decided to do the responsible thing the last couple of days and get the computer at home sorted in terms of virus protection. 

Installed one programme and ran it for about 48 hours. Worked quite fine until I decided to do some reading and found out it wasn't one of the best - it didn't resolve a number of the protection issues I had. So I decided to uninstall it and download another.


Lo and behold, in my drug-induced haze yesterday, as I booted up my pc and the new antivirus system ran, I clicked to delete this particular file, causing the whole damn thing to crash and not want to boot up afterwards.


It's apparently salvageable but I am running the risk of losing all my data. And that to me is the saddest bit of all. Cos it consists of all the photos I have ever taken of the kids.


Everything else can be recouped - my work data, my financial files, my music ~ it's all a question of time and some burning of midnight oil on my part. But these pictures are priceless. It traces the memories of the kids. If they are lost, I'd really bawl my heart out from the heartache.


No comments: