Friday, January 1, 2010

THIS Side Please


Unknown to a lot of folks, I am a brooder. I lie awake most night, twisting and turning, this way and that, turning thoughts, ideas, dreams over and over in my head. When close friends throw me an opinion opportunity, I would mostly likely assume automatically the role of Devil's Advocate.

My last day of last year started with a long conversation with my partner, my sounding board, my cricket; him showing me the picture in his head for the decade that lies in waiting, and me trembling in fear at how he could be setting him (and us) up for plenty moments of failure.


These are grand times ahead of us. Both of us as I step forward to assume a role that I have worked towards all my professional life. As I said in my last posting - it was a dream I dared to dream, but never dared to go after. In my last 3 jobs, it was the "secret" hope that they would come to this bountiful harvest. And with each let down, I pushed that dream a little further away until this one came along.


Even with a mere 273 days left standing in between me and this life-changing moment, I am half-convinced that something, somewhere would creep up out of the ground like a cheeky gofer and trip me over. 


"If you want to change the action, you have to change the thinking" says Zig Zigler in my never-ending calendar for today. And I know this saying is very true.

And so if I were to consciously make a resolution for the year ahead, I guess it would be to choose to stand more often on this side of the fence - the side of positive thought and energy. 

As Paulo Coelho says: When our heart wins the battle against our fears, wonders lie ahead.

And indeed, grand times awaits me. And if ever I forget, my Chief Whip Officer will not hesitate to remind me.

No comments: