Thursday, November 5, 2009

Another Phantom Letter


The event of the last month has made me seriously take stock of my life – the full 34 years worth of it. 

You said we should live life to the fullest or else it would mean nothing. But then I’d have to ask – what is living life to the fullest? Is it doing what we want, when we want and in whatever fashion we want? 


I used to say I must go bungee jumping so that when I lay dying, I can say “
I did it all.” But that was when bungee was all the fad. So what then? Does the list never end? 

I recall this movie – Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman – The Bucket List – where the two men, dying of cancer, makes a list of things they should do before they die. Do I do the same? Write my bucket list now and set out to achieve it? What if there is more to life than what I put on that list? Then what?


Or would it be more important to focus on what is important... on what really matters as another person living on this insane and lonely planet?



Time, is going by, so much faster than I,
And I'm starting to regret not spending all of it with you.
Now I'm, wondering why, I've kept this bottled inside,
So I'm starting to regret not telling all of this to you.
So if I haven't yet, I've gotta let you know...
Never gonna be alone!
From this moment on, if you ever feel like letting go,
I won't let you fall..
When all hope is gone, I know that you can carry on.
We're gonna see the world out,
I'm gonna be there always,
I won't be missing one more day...
I'll hold you 'til the hurt is gone.






No comments: