Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Task

My deadline ended today. I'd probably still have about another week to get my task done but it bugs me nonetheless to be this tardy.

For 6 days, I have been staring at a blank page. A blank page that should be easily filled with words - after all, stringing together words are supposed to be my forte. Yet, the page remains blank. And while that page remains blank, this blog and my Facebook notes, have been getting filled.


It's not to say I am unclear on my task - on the message that I am suppose to craft out of thin air. It could not be more clear. In fact, what has been said here, and on my notes page, has been nothing but revolving around the message, the theme.


Yet the task remains undone. For I am inundated with fear, fear of getting it wrong. Scared of writing a page and a half worth of words, knowing that I can do it with my eyes closed. Frozen, still, with my fingers poised over the keyboards, waiting for the freezer to unlock and the fingers fly into motion.


Yes, I am scared. Because in this task, I have to become you. And that scares the hell out of me, even though you are utterly sure I cannot get it wrong. I will not get it wrong simply cos I have not gotten it wrong todate. 



Don't you understand that everything I do,
I do it for you?
Anything that might be special in me,
is You?

And so I am scared. Cos if I get it wrong, it might just mean that time and distance have come between us - that I no longer know you.

And if indeed that has happened... I really don't want to know.




No comments: