Sunday, July 5, 2009

12 Days

I have to be up front and declare that I am not coming back with micro-sticks load of pictures. I taken less than what would make up a roll of traditional film in fact, and this was what I pondered upon in the last 24 hours as the last minute packing began.

I suppose Ireland is one country you would have to stand on its soil and experience it for itself. Perhaps it is the romantic in me to deny anyone else of that experience with a refrain from being the shutter-bug. I mean, if I did up a scrape book of sorts, you might then decide that you have seen it and thus need not make the journey yourself.

I am way early for my flight to London but it is because the weather has gone a bit grey and I did not want my last hours in Dublin, towing my bags, to be washed out. I had the sunnies with me in the 12 days - let's keep it that way.

I do not think a melancholic reflection is needed as I take my place in line for the flight to London - this was but my 1st trip. I'ld be back in about 365 days from now.

My personal ambition from now: save enough money so that on each annual trip, I'll be able to afford bringing along at least one other person so that they can see for themselves the richness of hospitality of this lil island that gets more rain then one can imagine, and containing (and preserving!!!) more history than we can ever read up on.

Slán go fóill Ireland with your fairies, leprechauns, Guinness and double-decker buses ~ see ya real soon!

No comments: