Monday, July 20, 2009

Empty Diary

"Normality? You've gotta be kidding me! We both know that your "normal" is off the scale from everyone else's!" was the comment on my Facebook status this morning.

Okay so, yeah perhaps, I'll admit inasmuch that what is normal in my world, may be slightly abnormal in many others. But that's the beauty of it isn't it ~ my slow day would still give you laughs on your really slow days.

Whatever the definition may be, I am just glad to be looking at my calendar for the next 2 months and not breaking out into cold sweats on how one thing is piling up on top of the other. The only excitement that we will be looking forward too in the coming months:
  1. The baptism of my 1st (and likely to be!) god-son Gabriel (and it has to be said that I am only gonna be the Godma by virtue of Gab being my brother's son *hahahaha* No one else in their sane mind would entrust their child's spiritual upbringing to me otherwise!!)
  2. The dinner reception of Sen & Nat which promises to be an absolute meat-feast since it's being held at Carnaval Churrascaria. Running up to it, I must say I have a strong feeling it's gonna be another one of those weddings where no invitation cards are issued (*ahem* Mandy - yes, we're talking about you!) and one person is gonna be either instant messaging or texting another asking "What time is it starting?!"
  3. My turning .. erm.. erm... *does mental calculation fo 2009 minus 1975* .. yeah - 34. Which is a really weird feeling as the year(s) progresses. How could the number of candles on the cake be increasing when I think I mentally feel younger than I did when I was say, 28?!
So yeah, only 3 items on the list and I am so grateful for it. But don't get me wrong - I'm not complaining cos the organised chaos of the last few months were in fact quite excellent. And having it culminate in the bestest dinner and dance reception ever over the weekend - it can continue to be hazy till September, but it's not gonna rock my boat cos that one night is going down in my books as the wedding of this lifetime!

Let's just hope I recover on time to be able to clearly say "I will" at the baptism!

No comments: