Monday, July 20, 2009

Moses of Two

I would not say that I am a deeply religious person. I believe in what I was taught to believe in and yes, I do know where my anchor lies. Bibble-trotting and verse-spewing, I am not, together with messing up which commandment is what number.

But I do believe that everyone was created for specific purpose(s) and it could be as brief as 10 seconds (pushing someone out of the way of a moving bus) or going on as long as days, weeks and months (holding a friend's hand thru a rough patch.)

But that's not my point. My point is: I am not a deeply religious person. And so why some people think I would bring some form of intellectual perspective to the statement "Heaven and Hell is not a separate place or time but is actually our time on earth. How can I make more people realise that the 'future' is right here, now in their hands and so they should live their lives by God's Way and be in heaven already?" befuddles me.

After 3 hours of head-tail-debate, I said in resignation that perhaps he didn't have to find some river somewhere to part like the Red Sea, but merely keep the people he thinks fits into his category above and simply pray for them.

Cos in all honesty, we have had many stimulating discussions and debates in the past. But that one there - made me simply want to wring his neck.

Maybe I should take a page out of my own book and simply just pray for Boy-who-might-now-change-his-name-to-Moses: pray that he stops fighting it or putting too much thought into every as divine, and to simply just go with the flow.

Yes, I think I shall do just that. Me can't talky no more.

No comments: