Thursday, August 6, 2009

Like That Hor

I recall not too long ago, some political figure in our country was splashed all over the front pages of the morning paper, with the story being that his command of the English language was flawed. Flawed to the point that he should not be in the public's eye.

I never would have thought I'd see the day where one would be deemed to be flawed because one's command of the language is judged as above average. But that day has indeed arrived personally.

Unfortunately, my options to address the issue at hand are limited; I do not have a vast array of solutions at my disposable. *Doggone done it again with disposable!*

And if I were to follow Mandy's mantra of "Suck it up", I would soon end up with a internal system that comprise mostly of fume, frustration and toxic matters.

More importantly, I do know that I should remove "reading" from my list of hobbies and things to do daily cos it's turning my vocabulary into one that belongs to persons from literary circles (tho the only writer I know is Kelly!).

I was taught that one should always "speak as one wished to be spoken too." Seeing how I cannot unlearn what has been ingrained into me, perhaps I should just leave the letter writing and speaking to someone else. And if I were to do that - then perhaps I should not be here at all cos it would leave me with nothing to do.

Never have I felt so utterly idiotic in my entire working career. Talk about facing massive culture clash.

I think I should go back to wearing Crocs to work. Maybe then I'll be a happy unprofessional camper.

No comments: