Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Twenty-two Hundred and One

There's a breeze abouts outside. I can hear the leaves and branches whispering in the wind as the night sky is made extra dark with rain clouds.

"Today doesn't seem to be so smooth a day for us."

I have Daniel Merriweather playing on the stereo, singing melancholic Motown like songs - nothing too heavy, nothing too light. If I had to put dinner on the table, it would have to be a simple salad, possibly with some pickled cucumber and onions thrown in, to wett the palate, together with your favourite grilled beef and garlic sausages.

I suppose conversation would have a large amount of ranting - me bout my broken eggs and you bout the heads you had to bite off today, in the spirit of teaching people who wouldn't learn. Quite possibly, we'll try and break the BJJ that's sauntering around today by talking bout the latest books I have read. And perhaps later, throwing in some DVD that's missed viewing time in the last month.

And as the clock turns towards bedtime, you'll say once again: "the bright side of it would be that we got thru it in one piece."

And my answer to that would be: did we? Did we really? Cos you're stuck on some island, in a 400 metre square room while I am sitting at my study desk, 400 hundred kilometres away, mentally going thru what should be the therapy that is needed on such a day. Instead, I'm settling for a date for 2201 hours to take 2 shots here while you do 2 there and call it a night.

"Who says change can't happen? You've changed!"

I suppose I have. As bff says: we do what we have to, just to get thru the day!

Salut sweets!

No comments: