Thursday, August 20, 2009

Valuation

"At midnight next Friday, I shall make sure I mandi-bunga," I said to Mandy today. To wash away all the bad-ju-ju that this year has brought my way.

But Mandy disagreed. In fact, she thinks that this year has been a grand year for me cos she thinks I've actually FINALLY got my act together.

As the day winds day - and what a day this has been - I am trying very hard to keep what she says at the forefront of my mind, my thoughts, my entire collapsing being. Cos right now, I am just about flat out - in every sense of the phrase.

I look like crap, I feel like crap and I don't even want to go past looking beyond my own reflection. Cos just about everything else is equally crap right now.

Whoever said growing pains was a physical thingy – they were way wrong. They were also wrong on the account that it happens only during puberty – it’s a pain that never ends!

It is said in Proverbs 24, verse 13 & 14:

When you enjoy becoming wise,
There is hope for you!
A bright future lies ahead.

So I guess today, like every other day, too shall pass. Just gotta suck it up!

No comments: