Monday, March 15, 2010

Taking Stock

I'm sitting here and trying to catch a moment to take stock of the on-goings. Unfortunately, it has been an attempt that has been in progress for the last 10 minutes of so.

I am not sure if the trends have changed again. It some how feels too good to be true - this fueling of my sales spirit. Right up to the weekend, we have been processing applications and moving things forward towards the admissions line. And I must say, from where I am standing, even with some generous sprinkling of pessimism, it is still looking good.

"Don't count your chickens before your eggs hatch" - that is the golden rule I learnt from last year. Perhaps that harsh lesson was so traumatic that I have applied it to every instance, blocking out a lot of realities even though it is already there, right in front of my face.

Don't get me wrong. I am most certainly pleased. This is after all what every person with ambition and drive strives for in their career. Reflecting on my professional journey, in a place filled with many professional memories - I have come a long way. Never for once, way back then, did I ever think I'd stand in the same ballroom where an "Umph" (as a sign of assent) was eagerly awaited upon, and hear my own private limited company's name being mentioned, signalling the beginning of a new chapter.

I feel blessed. I AM BLESSED. 

Breathe in, breathe out 
There's only now 
And all I got, I'm holding in my hands 
We're breaking out of 
Brokenpromiseland 

No comments: