Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Dey Who?

Not too long ago, I was told not to get anymore goodies. I defied that instruction yesterday as I headed over to Hock Choon and bought bucket loads of cereal bars and Pop Tarts. I reckoned all the way thru the hour long drive home, that I was sure to be smacked on the head for it. But I was armed and ready with an explanation that couldn't lose ~ I'm bad at taking instructions and I'm stubborn.

They say that what you DO is sometimes worth more its weight in gold than what you SAY. And if you were to ask any of my closemates, they would probably tell you that I'm more of the doing-kind than the saying-kind. Yes, I have a lot of words to use per day but when push comes to shove, I am almost always out of words.

So yeah, there was a lil baggy stuffed with all kinds of grab-grub that would hopefully see the end of the week. And no, I didn't get smacked in the head but got great bear hugs instead. Which is very, very nice (see - told ya I sometimes lose my words).

All in all, it was an excellent start to the week and month. I can hardly believe it's already October. Something in my bones tell me, it can and will only get better. Afterall, it ain't everyday that someone tells ya he would buy you a house if he 1) remembers to buy a lotto ticket tomorrow and 2) picks the winning numbers! Nor is it everyday that someone says that having a security pass to my new place would be a great thing.

Sometimes, you've gotta take the risk to enjoy the rewards.

Through the fire, through the rain
Through the joy and the pain
Through the fights, through the change
Through the nights, through the days
It damn all remains the same
I'm gonna you the world

The "world" right now seems contained to great bear hugs, knowing my thoughts before I speak them out and a whole lot of love. But that's rewards enough for this girl.

Give you the world
The Dey

No comments: