Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Chances Are..

Love is passion, obsession,
Someone you can't live without.
If you don't start with that,
What are you going to end up with?

A very good friend asked me recently over tea when was the last time I said “I love you” to someone who was 1) not related to me by blood and 2) not part of my circle of good and dear friends. Truth be told, it’s been yorns and this realization part surprises me and part scares the living daylights out of me. Cos this is ME – the Miss-Terms-of-Endearments. How could it be that years have gone by just like that?

Fall head over heels.
I say find someone you can love like crazy and
Who'll love you the same way back.

I often wonder how at times, when my friends tell me how eloquent I am, and how good I am with words, my words can fail me so badly by running away and hiding so well that I become all speechless. Like when someone says to me “Being here makes the hell of the last couple of weeks, all worth it. Being able to be here – gives me something to look forward to.

And how do you find him?
Forget your head and listen to your heart.
I'm not hearing any heart.

I have done so many things in the last 8 months that I never thought twice about. Taken so many risks… crossed so many bridges… stared at one full moon too many. Yet, I always come back to this one junction where I stand and watch the traffic goes by, without crossing. One excuse after another.

Run the risk, if you get hurt, you'll come back.
Because, the truth is
There is no sense living your life without this.

I wish I had done the Carpe Diem thing and said outloud what was going thru my head. "Run the risk" cos right now, the risk levels seem so much lower than it was say a quarter back. So why didn't I? Was it cos I couldn't? Or more of I wouldn't?

To make the journey and not fall deeply in love -
Well, you haven't lived a life at all.

I wrote earlier about life and mortality, and how if I were to die today, I cannot say that I do not want for anything. Maybe I should keep that in mind the next time a conversation takes place. Or maybe I should not think at all, and let what comes to mind, come naturally.

One thing's for sure - Life - it does indeed give you more chances than one! What we do with it, it's up to us.

No comments: