Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Haunted Borrowed Words

Movies made from books contain some of the best lines.

I love you. 
I'll wait for you. 
Come back ... Come back to me. 

From the book Atonement
by Ian McEwan

But sometimes, writers need not be authors to have their pens craft the best prose, as evident in the season finale of my fave tv show ~ Grey's Anatomy:

Did you say it? 
I love you. I don't ever want to live without you. 
You changed my life. 
Did you say it? 
Make a plan. Set a goal. Work toward it, 
but every now and then, look around; 
Drink it in 'cause this is it. 
It might all be gone tomorrow.

And it's not just words of wisdom or gems of love's declaration that touches my aching head tonight. It is also the anguished cries of pain that curses thru my blood as my temperature rises for reasons unknown:

But where are you my angel now?
Don't you see me crying?
And I know that you can't do it all
but you can't say I'm not trying.
Looking at you leaving, 
I'm looking for a sign...

Lyrics from the song called The Hills
From the movie ONCE

If only life was as simple and concise like a television series or a song or even a book. Alas, it is not.

No comments: