Friday, May 8, 2009

Hours

If I had a wish tonight, it would be to ask for more hours in a day. Not because I need it to complete tasks but simply so a new day would be held off from beginning and nights did not have to end.

I am rarely the one who does not look forward to a new day. But tonight it was different. As the hands of the clock moved from 10 to 11 to 12 to 1 and eventually 2 am in the morning, it was hard to ignore that the alarm clock would go off in a mere few hours and it's off to work he goes.

As much as my cousin Paul always says ~ be your own best friend, and as much as I have tried to take in his "advice", I am not able to on this account, on this note.

And today, after a long absence due to commitments, timing and what-have-you-not (though none of them fell into my categories *phew*), it's only become more pronounced, made clearer.

I could try to be my own best friend, but there will always be something lacking. And when found, like tonight - the world is righted again.

"You complete me"

No comments: