Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Back in the Saddle

It's been a while since I went for my workout classes, with a key factor being the cost and the lack of 'expense' that could load-share that cost. But I sat down (well, stood up really) and decided that yes, there is indeed a way where a extra hundred bucks could be wrung out of an already paper-thin expense account and went for it.

I've never really been one who cared very much about how I looked. Not while I was in my teens, and definitely not when I was in my twenties. But there's something about knowing you're inching just that wee bit closer to the big '40' that gives you the shivers.

I finally allowed myself to be convinced that I do indeed need a new pair of jeans. I had 2 pairs hanging behind the door - both bought before I left for the UK. which means they are well over 12 years. And it was a pleasant surprise as I kept asking for a change in size - on a descending order. And to have it settle at 27 - it's a feat that has not seen the light of day since I was 17!

So yes, while I cannot really laugh without cringing in pain or risk a sneeze, I'm gonna stick with it once again.

It's back in the saddle I go.. a huffing-and-a-puffing.

No comments: