Monday, October 19, 2009

Done & Dusted


I think I will go down in the "memorial flashbacks" as the loony-one who had a one-sided conversation by the brown box in the hall. 


Take all of your wasted honour
Every little past frustration
Take all of your so-called problems,
Better put 'em in quotations


And it was a surreal experience - for once, I had the last word in ~ which is rare if you put it in context. 



Walking like a one man army
Fighting with the shadows in your head
Living out the same old moment
Knowing you'd be better off instead,
If you could only . . .


And I could say everything that has ever come to mind but left hidden. Tho the best part of it all would be how I was able to rag into him (Obesity??? WTF happened to you?!) like I do with my buddies.



Even if your hands are shaking
And your faith is broken
Even as the eyes are closing
Do it with a heart wide open


But it don't really matter what "tag" has likely been given to me ~ I've said all I needed to say... including "
I forgive you" which I think was what I really needed to do in the very end. 



Have no fear for giving in
Have no fear for giving over
You'd better know that in the end
It's better to say too much
Then never say what you need to say again


And now that faces and names have been put in their right proper place, burnt bridges mended in a manner of sorts, it's time to move on.



Author's Note:
I would like to express my utter appreciation to all buddies who carried me through it.. Would not have been able to do it without your logic, rationale and strength!

No comments: