Saturday, March 28, 2009

In The Midnight Hour

I have not slept very much in the last 36, coming to 48 hours. Woke up at 7 to go to work yesterday and didn't hit the sack till after Lydia's Sports' Day this morning at 11. Needless to say, I got a shelling when the cat was let out of the bag, from a person who's never said a sentence to me starting with "Don't..." So yes, I know when I get a "Don't ever do this again girl" it was to be taken with no salt.

But that's me. Person who does not want to miss out on life. What more when I know it's not idle chit-chat, and in the risk of possible arguments and differing opinions, middle ground will somehow be found. And the importance of 'life' and 'perspective' becomes more profound.

I have this thing with rice / Chinese food. I can go for weeks on end without having any. But once I break that cycle, I find myself craving for it at almost every meal. 

This cycle has been broken. And I find myself craving for it, barely 12 hours on. Yet it has to be tamed, cos there are only so many hours within a weekend. 

So while I may have to spend the next few days, sitting at the bottom of the pit of withdrawal symptoms, I wouldn't have it any other way. 

E
very waking minute of it past the midnight hour has been well worth it.



No comments: