Monday, March 16, 2009

Out of the Bag

"Congratulations! You deserve this!"

"So YOU're the person to watch and to get to know eh?"

"We're so glad you're going to be taking over."

I am rarely one who loses her tongue, in front of her clients. Yet, last night it slipped past me and skitted away to hide in some dark corner after the Chair of the Consortium made public the pending retirement of my boss and my impending succession of her at our Annual Reception.

And trust me - it sure was an awkward moment or two, standing there with my boss afterwards, watching her try to address the comments directed at her, while accepting my own falicitations.

*Eeks* If I had known this was coming, I would have encamped myself next to the bar and drank wine out of the bottle(s) with a straw! But I didn't. And neither did she.

And I guess, there's no turning back now... that the cat's out of the bag. And I have but no choice, then to rise to the occasion.

God ~ I am so dreading my review tomorrow!


No comments: