Tuesday, March 17, 2009

What a Day!

They say, there would be certain moments in your life, where you WOULD KNOW that the things to come would change your world. Forever.

If that be true, today would be one of those days.

My last lodgement wrote of how the gun was jumped and how awkward it was with my superior. I suppose that was a premonition of things to come, tho not on the front with her. Cos after 9 months, I had my 1st official review with my Irish bosses, and the outcome of it was the mandate to have my plans for the business, which is to include geographical expansion, as well as the partnership contract drawn up by summer so we could have them signed off by January 2010. To think that I had only interviewed for this job a year ago ~ Things sure are moving at a faster pace than I had grown accustomed to.

I am excited and eager to move forward. And I am mightily pleased to say that my folks were with me all the way, before and after the review with some 340 kilometers in-between. And I am also mightily pleased to say that while I have to throw in a few more kilometers for a certain somebody, he was also a part of that joyous tho brief few minutes after I came out of the room. 

My long day is just ending, what with the observation of St Patrick's Day (which is also Ireland's National Day) at the embassy reception. And as we wound down the night with a glass of wine in the lobby lounge of the Shangri-la, I couldn't help but appreciate the truth in the statement: Success is made even sweeter when you have people to share it with.

So while I may have turned the keys to the door of an empty house, it didn't at all feel bad cos I know these persons are with me, despite whatever song they have to sing.

Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh!

No comments: