Monday, March 3, 2008

3 Reasons

Okay.. maybe it's because it's the end of another marathon day, with some sprinting in-between but I find this terribly freaky. Here's the extract of my tarot reading on Facebook today:

Queen of Wands
The Queen of Wands card suggests that my power today lies in liberation. I radiate or communicate personal power, passion, and allure and am not dragged down by trends. I have a bold magical flair and a spirit of innovation and pride. I am secure in my identity or performance and thrive on creating, designing or fostering new or equal opportunities for aesthetic or personal growth, expression or awareness. I am empowered with gratitude, attention and reputation to go beyond the call and I transform through exploring or initiating change.

I am reading this just at the end of the workday, yet all of the above seemed to rang true.

The Bear told me to go home and sleep - that I looked dead, in a good way (???). But before I do, here are 3 reasons that I am able to go to sleep tonight with a smile, despite today being a terrible bad day of fire-fighting:

1) At a function held this evening in celebration of the CEO's birthday, the Chief Medical Officer (who has a reputation for being snobby) and his wife flagged me over towards the end, as I was clearing up after the guests. And they told me this - that if I didn't work at the hospital, they would both give me a hug for I'm one of the sweetest, most genuine person they have met. In that moment, I knew I was truly living the values that my boss wants the company to symbolise.

2) My staff from another outlet came running up at the very end and insisted on helping me clear up. He came up cos he heard that I was running the service of the function by myself after a long full workday, and so he came to help. In that moment, I knew for sure that I have definitely earned the respect of my staff by leaps and bounds. I will always be remembered by them as the Boss who was not afraid to roll up her sleeves and get her hands dirty.

3) I got a text message on my way enroute from Bear's house telling me that the burger from my restaurant is Amazing, Really Good and Way Better than his own. Now, this burger has been subjected to a number of occassional disputes between Bear and me, him being a pseudo chef. To win such accolade for the food that I am ultimately responsible for (without sticking my hand in the making of it), is definitely something to shout about.

I've always said I'm a simple girl, with simple dreams. I live not for myself but for others. I believe that respect has to be earned and earned it I did. I may not have very much to show for the efforts that I put in. But at least tonight, as I shower up and turn in, I know that my personal capital of goodwill is riding right up there, and that is good enough for me.

Oh. And by the by - aren't we all thankful that I am not into politics?! *grin*

No comments: