Monday, March 10, 2008

Best Said Words

For an absolutely shite week, it has started on a good footing. Nothing extraordinary took place. Just people popping up and well, balancing the stabs in the back I got last week with pats on the head. Here's a collection of the best in the last 24 hours:

Making amends
You've never given up on us, don't do it now.

Two boys whose moment of haste and frustration had led to all hell breaking loose on me. It's made the "Best of" list cos they have redeemed themselves. And I too have redeemed myself for I have kept to my end of my word to them by the end of last week. Thus proving them very wrong in judging me.

Water under the bridge
(In teary-eyed manner) It's been far too long and I've missed you so much!

I didn't expect her to cry. I didn't remember her to be the sentimental tearing sort. This was my best friend for 10 years. This was also the girl I have not spoken to nor heard from in the last 5 years. Goes to show what a lil note on email can do today. Yes - in the words of Adam - yet another Facebook story.

Going the extra mile
She made some calls and hooked this up for you.

Sometimes people surprise me. A whole lot. And this is one of them. My ex-bf's current gf. Yeah so she may be in the field of HR, but she really didn't have to do this for me. And yes - Pups is right - she is a gem!

Not letting go
You're one of my best friends and sometimes I don't now how to 'handle' you so I just keep silent, doesn't mean I don't care..

I think what made this one the best of the weekend is the term that was used on the sign-off... And all I can say to it is this - I know Bear. And you're wrong Bear. Apart from Pups and Mandy, you're the other person who do know how to handle me. i.e. If I walked to the edge of the ledge, you'd be one of the 3 who could convince me to come down.

~ ** ~

I don't really care how this week plays out. It wouldn't be anything new from tomorrow onwards (I'm on leave today you see) - the great Mussolini torture continues and it's been stepping up notches.

I have my phrases and that's good enough for me this week.

No comments: