Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Tigger without the Bounce

ob·liv·i·ous ~ adjective
  • Lacking conscious awareness

I am down in the doldrumns. As Jay says - "big change from dancing around about 1 or 2 nights ago, to this...." I wish I weren't... I wish I was oblivious... I wish somebody would just hit me on the head really hard just so I snap out of this.

I really don't wanna address what's going on in this head of mine... That is causing me to stare at words of the many work emails and not have anything register in my head. That is causing me to spend 3 hours at a pub and walk out without finishing my drink. That is causing me to wanna throw my phone against the wall, just so I have a logical explanation - On.My.Side.

These excuses how they served me so well
They've kept me safe
They've kept me stuck
They've kept me locked in my own cell

These excuses how they're so familiar
They've kept me blocked
They've kept me small
They've kept me safe in my own shell

At the end of the day, I'm not conditioned to do the things that everybody says I should be doing. 'Bright and shiny' is nothing but a myth. But then my best girlfriend had to go ask me this.. "You're just forcing Cynical Barb to be back so that you wont get hurt..."

Why don't you try out a new Barb?

I wish I had the guts to.... So until then, it's like Tigger without his bounce...

No comments: