Friday, November 2, 2007

The Value of Money

My first public outlet made 213 Malaysian dollars in its short 3 1/2 hours of operations today.

213 bucks.

In the past, I used to spend that amount of money (or more!) on a clean Friday night out. Usually in about the same amount of time as well. For someone out shopping, that would be like a new pair of Levi's or Cros Islander with 1 jibbetz.

It was painful - the run up to that operation time, without only 2 hours to turn the place around. Plus - the cash register was late and I finalised my prices with 60 minutes to go, and menus to print. But hell - it's the sweetest 213 bucks I have ever held in my hands. Cos I played a big part in rolling it in.

Sure - I am only some 25,750 bucks short for this month's budgeted revenue. But hey - the month's still young. With 28 more days to go, I'm sure I'll be able to cover half of it *grin* And I will definitely not look at 213 bucks the same way again.

Come on by if you're ever in the city of KL. We're not that difficult to miss in that monster of a hospital. Just look for the brightest spot in the lobby and that'll be us pulling you on to spend some moolah on some excellent food and drinks!

No comments: