Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Cat and Mouse

There's a cat-and-mouse game that's going on right now. It's quite fun in some ways, though at others, it's quite nail-biting; hair-pulling even. It's not a game that I should be involved in. It goes against most things that I hold as my belief system. And something tells me that it's not gonna end pretty.

I should just throw in the towel and walk off the pitch right now. Cos I've been here and back before. And I know that there is a ceiling rate to the price to pay. And I'm not gonna be the one paying cos I've already paid my dues.

The signs are all there, despite all the "Eyes-wide-open" bits. Skip to weeks down the road when all game plays have been exhausted, someone's gonna get hurt big time. And it's not me cos I'm not the only who is extending play. I'm not the one walking away and coming back. Yeah - that's right. It's not me this time round.

I feel sorry for the poor sod. I do. Really. Cos while he can be quite the bastard, he is also quite a nice bloke, in a way. Maybe there was a reason as to why we never met as kids back home. We're just plain bad news for the other.

And trust me - being round the block and doing the cups and all, ain't nothing compared to meeting this doll. Especially not when she's out for the kill. Tame puddy-tat, this one ain't.

So be the wise one and slink away. I'd really hate to break a boy from back home.

No comments: