Friday, January 25, 2008

Locked Doors and Moondance

So here I am on a Friday evening, sitting in the office with my Walkman plugged in and pondering on a “discussion” I had an hour ago.

To put things in context, I got a call slight past 3, summoning me to see the Client at 5 pm. Wasn’t told why and the secretary couldn’t suss it out for me at all. As the clock ticked towards 5, I tried to cover as many of my bases as possible cos I have had many exciting shags in that office.

Finally being called in, I was surprise to see the door being closed behind me. *Gasp* THIS was definitely going to be worse than any shags I have ever had before. And even though many bases were covered prior to it, I would never ever be prepared for what ensued.

Witch hunt ~ noun ~ An intensive effort to discover and expose disloyalty, subversion, dishonesty, or the like, usually based on slight, doubtful, or irrelevant evidence.

And yours truly is smacked right in the middle of not one but TWO hunts!

And so… as I wait for my sate dinner… I am thinking – How?! How the bloody hell did I, a mere low-level manager, in a building of over 600 people, get picked out for this stupid shit?! There are 75 of us in the F&B Department and I had to be the one on the path that has lead me down this rabbit hole.

I am upset beyond belief as in that span of 30 minutes, I was asked to do things that I should never be asked to do! It fucking goes beyond – way beyond – my entire value chain. But what is more upsetting is the fact that somebody else thinks that they can scare me enough into doing their bidding.

Oh the fool who thinks that Barbara Er Guek Meng does not possess any intellect or common sense.

Right now, I guess as the dust settles, I can only be grateful for 2 things – a boss that has got more sense that I have occasionally taken credit away from, and this being a Friday night.

All I need now to cap today off in the style that I had wanted it to would be for the drinks seller at sate stall to be carrying a bottle of whiskey or vodka *grin*

Let the evil chants begin!

No comments: