Thursday, January 10, 2008

My Fren

Friend ~ noun
  1. A person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard.
  2. A person who gives assistance; patron; supporter.
  3. A person who is on good terms with another; a person who is not hostile.

Call me strange. Call me weird. But there are two words that I find over-used and it is 'my friend'. It's terrible and quite the sin in my view cos friends are the people you know you can count on to go the mile with you.

It takes time, a healthy number of exchanges and mutual experiences and a lot of common ground before one moves from 'someone I know' to being 'my friend.' Read the definition above.

This maybe one of the reasons why I am quite the loner that I am. However, it doesn't quite bother me that the people who do fit the bill are not many. And those who are in like Flint, I would say I have no qualms on laying down my strength behind them.

I may be a bit harsh here. And being quite unfair. But hey - to each their own and this is the path of my choosing. My time is precious and my emotions scarce. I'm not on a mission to enlarge my social network - I hardly have the time to spend with those I truly care about.

People should realise this before they embark on a mission of accumulation. Especially before they start counting Barbsie as their fren.

THAT I could so do without!

P.S. Before you start thinking of it - lemme just come out right to say it. Barbsie is a reserved terminology. And right now - only 2 have the right to it.

No comments: