Thursday, January 31, 2008

sor·ry

~ adjective ~ Feeling regret, compunction, sympathy, pity, etc

I was commenting.. or lamenting this evening, how one of my closest friend and I can walk right smack into an argument, even when we see it coming. We’ll each know and actually state it out loud that the line of conversation should switch before we end up arguing. Yet it still happens.

And the increasing frequency of it scares the living daylights out of me.

Much can be placed down to me being fast-finger-Freddy, but then again we have never really been able to determine the definition and expectations of this friendship. And more often than naught, that becomes a pain in the arse.

It hurts each time we have a fight. And being the darling that he is, he often backs down and apologises.

And tonight, I ponder… how many more ‘sorry’s is he gonna say before it becomes just another word in the day-to-day conversational vocab with me?

I'm sorry.
Why should I say I'm sorry?
If I hurt you,
You know you've hurt me too.

Sometimes I do wish I knew more of him. Just so.

No comments: